About Analytics Vidhya Hiring Hackathon
Participate in Analytics Vidhya Hiring Hackathon where you will have the opportunity to experience and overcome some of the exciting challenges in the field of Machine Learning. The best participants will be short listed for interviews with us.
About Analytics Vidhya
Job Description and Responsibilities
Do you feel passionately about solving problems through data? Have you spent a few years solving business problems through data?
Do you aspire to take data science to millions of people out there? Can the leader in you make people follow data science out of sheer passion? Would you enjoy helping people solve problems with out expecting any thing in return?
If the answer to all the questions is yes – look no more. Analytics Vidhya is looking for evangelists who can carry and deliver their baton to the world.
What should you expect?
A team of best data scientists and thought leaders from industry
- Disciplined entrepreneurship with in team. Each person is owner of his own work – you set the milestones, the pace and the achievements.
- We would love to have you in our office.
- High standards, deep passion for data science and a commitment to find out ways to make things work.
Who can fill in the shoes?
- Some one with awesome experience in data science (could be academic or job). The quality of experience matters rather than the time spent. The person should be an expert in at least one (or a few aspects) of data science.
- Should have passion for what we do and would have followed us for some time.
- Some one who loves problem solving through data. He should be able to do things hands on by himself or guide a team of data scientists to solve a problem.
- A person with deep experience in tools like SAS / R / Python / Julia / Matlab and machine learning / predictive modeling techniques.
- An avid reader
What is the role?
Being a startup, the role would evolve over time. But, here are a few things you can expect:
- Writing blogs and creating content for your areas of expertise.
- Continuously learning new skills and evangelizing them with in our community.
- Helping members of our community on discussion portals.
- Creating problems for our hackathons by working closely with the clients.
- Leading industry events, meetups, workshops, webinars and competitions
- Defining and leading our strategy in making data science easy and accessible to all
- Teaching data science with our partners or at our events or other industry events.
Rules of Participation
Analytics Vidhya Hackathon Rules
- The contest starts Saturday, 13th January 2018, 00:00:00 (IST) . The data set and the problem statement will be released at the same time.
- Entries submitted after the contest is closed will not be considered.
- Since this is a hiring hack, you are expected to solve the problem on your own.
- Use of external dataset is not allowed
- You cannot use future data for modelling
- Participation is free-of-charge
- Participant must update their profile details and upload their latest CV.
- You are free to use solution checker as many times as you want.
- Adding comments is mandatory for the use of solution checker
- Comments will help you to refer to a particular solution at a later point in time.
- Setting final submission is mandatory. Without a final submission, your entry will not be considered.
- Code file is mandatory while sending final submission. For GUI based tools, please upload a zip file of snapshots of steps taken by you, else upload code file.
- The code file uploaded should be pertaining to your final submission.
Rules of Conduct
- Throughout the hackathon, you are expected to respect fellow hackers and act with high integrity.
- Slack Live Chat admins hold the right to block any participant found to use foul / disrespectful language.
- Analytics Vidhya hold the right to disqualify any participant at any stage of competition if participant(s) are deemed to be acting fraudulently.