About Data & Beyond - IIM Bangalore 2017
“Data, I think, is one of the most powerful mechanisms for telling stories. I take a huge pile of data and I try to get it to tell stories.” – Steven Levitt, Co-author of Freaknomics
In a world where everybody is inquisitive for insights, making inferences and strategizing their way to the top, the field of data analytics is gaining prominence quickly.
Show your mettle in a battle of numbers, prediction and accuracy!
- Participant must be a B-School student
- One person cannot participate with more than one user accounts
- External data sets and sources cannot be used in the modeling exercise
- Appropriate taxes will be applicable on the prize money
- It has two rounds, Round 1 (Pre-Vista Prelims) and Round 2 (On-Campus Finals). Round 1 is conducted in 2 phases. Phase 1 is a predictive modeling challenge from which top 15 teams will be invited to Phase 2. In Phase 2, the teams will submit a PPT explaining their approach. 6-8 teams will be shortlisted for Round 2 to present their model in front of a panelist at IIM Bangalore campus. The format for submission of round 2 is pptx.
- For Round 2, Travel fares will be reimbursed for upto Rs.3000 per team on submission of appropriate ticket proofs
- You are free to use any tool and machine you have rightful access to
- You can use any programming language or statistical software
- You are free to use solution checker as many times as you want
- Adding comment is mandatory for use of solution checker
- Comments will help you to refer to a particular solution at a later point in time
- Setting final submission is mandatory. If you don't make final submission, your entry would be disqualified
- No submissions would be entertained after the hackathon ends
- Code file is mandatory while setting final submission. For GUI-based tools, upload zip file of snapshots of steps taken by you, else upload code file
- The code file uploaded should be pertaining to your final submission. If we find any discrepancy between the two, your entry would be disqualified
- Maximum of 2 people can form a team
- In case a team wins, prize would be distributed equally among team members
- At any point in the hackathon, you are expected to respect fellow hackers and act with high integrity
- Slack Live Chat admins hold the right to blacklist/block any participant found to use foul/disrespectful language. Chat forum will be closely monitored
- Analytics Vidhya holds the right to disqualify any participant at any stage of competition if found indulged in fraudulent practices