About ABInBev : Data Engineering Talent Hunt Hackathon
We are Anheuser Busch InBev – The world’s largest brewer and we are setting up a Global Data Hub for the company in Bangalore. We envision connecting and cataloguing all the data of our company in a conglomerate of data warehouses. To realize our vision, we are looking for smart, driven and entrepreneurial Data Engineers / ETL professionals who can dream big. This hackathon is a means for us to identify those who’d be willing to join us in realizing our vision. If you can Dream BIG, Work HARD & thrive in a truly meritocratic culture then all you need to do is excel in this hackathon!
About the company
Anheuser-Busch InBev is the World's largest brewer. Our Dream is to be the Best Beer Company Bringing People Together for a Better World! We own some of the most celebrated brands in the world, including Budweiser, Corona, Stella Artois, etc.
We are a company of owners that believes in achieving excellence in all that we do. We embrace and lead change. We’re focused, and we work hard. Although we’re spurred on by our desire for success, we’re equally driven by the people around us – inspired and motivated by the great minds we work with.
Job Description: Data Engineer
As a Data Engineer in the core Data Architecture Team, you will be involved in design and development of the state-of-the-art Enterprise Data Hub (EDH) from scratch. You will be working with some of the best Data Architects and best-in-class Data Engineers while you design, code and test the foundational modules of the EDH. Specifically, you will oversee: -
- Designing and developing scalable ETL packages from the business source systems and the development of ETL routines to populate databases from sources and also to create aggregates
- Enabling and running data migrations across different databases and different servers
- Debugging codes where required
- Optimizing and improving the performance of queries
- Analyzing complex data elements and systems, data flow, dependencies, and relationships in order to contribute to conceptual physical and logical data models
- Proficient in developing complex queries using Oracle, Teradata, MS SQL Server, My SQL and similar platforms and tune them for performance
- Relevant experience in Talend or other ETL tools
- Programming skills in Python, Java or Shell scripts
- Has to be an expert in SQL & PL-SQL / T-SQL development further providing support to the Data and Analytics in database design, data flow and analysis activities
- Experience in data warehouse methodology and big data tech stack
At least 4 years of hands on experience with ETL
Rules of Participation
- The hackathon starts on 24th February 2018, 00:00 (IST). The relevant data and problem statements will be made available to you at the time
- Contest closes at 23:59 (IST) on the 25th of February,2018.
- You are expected to solve the problem on your own
- Participant must update their profile and upload their latest CV
- Throughout the hackathon, you are expected to respect fellow hackers and act with high integrity.
- Analytics Vidhya and ABInBev hold the right to disqualify any participant at any stage of competition if participant(s) are deemed to be acting fraudulently.
- All prizes are subjected to clearning the face-2-face rounds and joining the organisation.