About DataQuest - Data Science Hackathon (IIT Roorkee, Cognizance 2018)
Since its inception, Cognizance has been hosting various events to find innovative solutions to pressing issues in today's society. Continuing the partnership, Analytics Vidhya and Cognizance are teaming up to bring to you “ DataQuest ”, a Data Science hackathon on Road Safety.
In today's data-driven economy, we believe in taking a data-based approach to solve problems. This ideology is also taken by most organisations around the world and is also one of the major agendas taken up by Uttarakhand ministry.
We are organising a student-only hackathon which will be conducted in two phases. The first phase will involve an online Data-science competition in which the participants are required to solve a machine learning problem based on Road Safety.
The First round would be an online round wherein participants will be tested on their analytical knowledge. The participants are required to register for this competition on or before 18th March, when the contest goes live.
To register for round 2 proceed by clicking on https://www.cognizance.org.in/events/centerstage/2/82
The second round will be conducted at IIT Roorkee during Cognizance 2018 (March 23 - March 25).
The participants need to present a presentation explaining the approach used for the solution and propose a solution for preventing the accidents from the insights obtained from the data.
- The second round will be conducted at IIT Roorkee during Cognizance 2018 (March 23 - March 25).
- The teams will be presenting their respective papers through a powerpoint presentation in front of a panel of judges during Cognizance, 2018.
- Criterias of evaluation will be communicated just before the event.
- The decision of the judges would be final and binding.
- For the second round participants also need to register and pay the registration fee (Rs 2100) for Cognizance.
- Only Students with verified Students Account will be allowed to participate in the contest.
- Student pursuing Undergraduate/Master’s Degree are eligible in any discipline.
- A maximum of 2 members can form a team.
- Individuals or Team is required to register on the Analytics Vidhya’s portal.
- A participant can be a part of only one team.
- Multiple teams can participate from one college.
- The team members may be from different years in their course.
- Please adhere to the deadlines given, requests for extensions and late entries will not be entertained.
- In case of any dispute, decision of Analytics Vidhya shall be final.
- The format and structure of events are subject to change before the actual beginning of the event.
Prizes worth INR 25,000 (will be awarded to the top 3 performer of final round of the event).
To be eligible for the prizes the participant has to register for both the rounds.
18th March, 2018
23rd - 25th March,2018
25th March, 2018
For any query, you can contact the coordinators:
Kunal Pratap Singh | +91-9414114697
Or mail your queries with the Subject “Query | EVENT NAME | Cogni ID | Team Name” to firstname.lastname@example.org