About H2O Open Tour NYC Hackathon
At H2O.ai we see a world where all software will incorporate AI, and we’re focused on bringing AI to business through software. H2O.ai is the maker behind H2O, the leading open source machine learning platform for smarter applications and data products. H2O operationalizes data science by developing and deploying algorithms and models for R, Python and the Sparkling Water API for Spark. Some of H2O’s mission critical applications include predictive maintenance, operational intelligence, security, fraud, auditing, churn, credit scoring, user based insurance, predicting sepsis, ICU monitoring and more in over 7,000 organizations. H2O is brewing a grassroots culture of data transformation in its customer communities.
To know more about H2O Click here
To know more about H2O Open Tour NYC Click here
- The hackathon starts at 09:30 a.m. EST (UTC - 5:00 ) on 19th July 2016 and closes at 3:00 p.m. on 20th July 2016, EST (UTC - 5:00)
- One person cannot participate with more than one user accounts.
- This hackathon is only for "H2O Open Tour NYC" participants.
- You are free to use any tool and machine you have rightful access to.
- You can use any programming language or statistical software.
- You are free to use solution checker as many times as you want.
- Adding comment is mandatory for use of solution checker - this is for your benefit to track submissions later on
- Comments will help you to refer to a particular solution at a later point in time
- Setting final submission is mandatory. If you don't make final submission, your entry would be dis-qualified.
- No submissions would be entertained after the hackathon ends.
- Code file is mandatory while setting final submission. For GUI based tools, upload zip file of snapshots of steps taken by you, else upload code file.
- The code file uploaded should be pertaining to your final submission. If we find any discrepancy between the two, your entry would be dis-qualified.
- Maximum of 2 people can form a team.
- In case a team wins, it will be left up to the team members to divide the prize (iPad) among themselves
- Team once created can't be dissolved.
- Teams can't be merged.
SupportH2O Data Scientists Mark Landry, Erin LeDell and Branden Murray will be available for questions during coffee/lunch hours in the Hackathon at the Hydration Stations.
- At any point in the hackathon, you are expected to respect fellow hackers and act with high integrity.
- Slack Live Chat admins hold the right to blacklist / block any participant found to use foul / disrespectful language. Chat forum will be closely monitored.
- Analytics Vidhya / H2O holds the right to disqualify any participant at any stage of competition if found indulged in fraudulent practices.