About [Student DataFest 2018] Skilltest - Statistics and Probability
Before jumping on to the big bucks, you should make sure that your requisites are squeaky clean. This is because even if a nerd jests, you should be able to understand it! Jokes aside - getting to know the prerequisites are very important when you start off with any field.
In this skilltest, you will be evaluated on your knowledge on statistics and probability, as they are the building blocks of Data Science and its applications.
The topics covered in the skilltest are:
- Descriptive Statistics
- Probability for Data science
- Inferential Statistics
You can avail a maximum of 100 AV points.
The skilltest is based on the course 'Introduction to Data Science' in regards to Student DataFest 2018. Please go through the course before attempting the skilltests, as you will not be able to retake the skilltest once started.
- The questions are MCQ types. Each question carries equal marks.
- There is no negative marking for any wrong answer.
- There is only one option correct for each question.
- Who is a student?
Any one undergoing a course from a recognised university or college with graduation date on or after 15th May 2018 will be considered as a student.
- I am undergoing a part time course, will I be considered as student?
- I am a student, but I am unable to register for this hackathon?
First, create a profile on Analytics Vidhya (SignUp) and then register yourself as a Student here.
- What do you need in a Photo id?
A photo id is an identification issued by your college / university acknowledging that you are a student. The id would typically have your roll number, start date and end date
- How long will it take to be verified as a student?
We will do it with in a couple of days. Normally, it is faster than that.