About Tredence (SQL Hackathon): Hack and Get Hired
This Hackathon is designed for problem-solvers with a knack for translating their logic to codes. Successful participants also have the chance to shift into a career in analytics with Tredence. Winners of the Hackathon will be awarded iPads or Apple Watches and get a direct walk-in to the second round of interviews at Tredence.
Tredence is the ﬁrst analytics services company focused on the last mile of analytics adoption. Our capabilities range from Data Visualization, Data Management to Advanced analytics, Big Data, AI / ML.
Our high-growth record since inception has helped us gain recognition in Inc. 5000 for the last 3 consecutive years as one of the fastest growing analytics companies in the US. Silicon Valley Business Journal ranked us 5th among the fastest growing private companies in Silicon Valley in 2018.
We were also named ‘Bootstrap Champs’ at the Economic Times Start-up Awards, 2018.
To know more about Tredence, visit: www.tredence.com.
About the job:
You will work with a team of smart individuals to solve some of the most interesting problems for our clients.
As an analyst you will,
- Wrestle with large volumes of data and come up with actionable insights
- Work with the technology required for data extraction, manipulation, and visualization such as Big data, SQL, R, Python, Excel, Tableau, etc.
- Apply Statistical and ML techniques to build scalable and robust solutions
- Learn constantly and build a lasting career in Analytics
Participants are expected to:
- Have at least 2 years of work experience
- Be good at solving real-world business problems
- Proficiency in SQL or Hive. Experience handling and analyzing large data
- Knowledge of basic operations (Joins, Union, Table properties), Windows functions (rank, partition by), parametrizing query and optimized table format
- Good understanding of Hadoop and My-SQL query optimization parameters
- 2 iPads
- 5 Apple Watches
- Direct entry to the second round of job interview at Tredence.
- Candidates who clear the interview process and choose to join are eligible for up to Rs. 1 Lakh of joining bonus.
- The Hackathon will have 2 rounds:
- Round 1: MCQs round based on MySQL and Hadoop. Note that this round has to be attempted at the exact date & time: 23rd March 12:30 PM IST (Duration: 60-90 Minutes)
- Round 2: MySQL assignment based on a problem statement provided along with datasets (Duration: ~ 24 hours)
- Both rounds are compulsory for prize eligibility and interview opportunities
- For round 1, the participant will select the right choice for each MCQ at the platform
- For round 2, the participant needs to download the datasets and setup a local MySQL environment for writing queries as per the requirements given in the problem statement
Rules of participation:
- No submissions would be accepted after the contest is closed
- Candidates are expected to solve the problem on their own as this is a hiring hackathon. Candidates who seek help during the process will be disqualified
- Being a hiring hackathon, team participation is not allowed
- The results as judged by Analytics Vidhya & Tredence would be final
- Candidates are expected to upload the latest CV to be considered for the position
- The problem statements and challenges would be based on MySQL only
A candidate will be eligible for the joining bonus only if he/she has performed well in the hack (based on leader board position), clears all the interviews and then joins the firm.