Brief Description of position:
Position: Sr. Manager, S&OP Capabilities
Position Summary: Leads efforts of technical development for demand planning, statistical forecasting, and predictive analytics capabilities. Engages in designing and development activities that generate practical solutions to complex business problems. Explores and defines new business alternatives, and drives improvement in business decisions through technology innovations, research & development, and product knowledge. &anbsp;
Key Responsibilities: Following are some of the key areas of responsibilities:
1. Supply Chain Forecasting, Analysis, and Modeling
- Designs and develops models for statistical forecasting and predictive analytics for use in demand planning software
- Communicate approach to development including the creation of mockups and wireframes
- Implements model prototypes using optimization and statistical toolkits such as CPLEX, AMPL, OPL, or JMP,
- Identifies, investigates, and introduces industry leading concepts to solve complex business problems,
- Leverages understanding of the business process and in-depth knowledge of business systems to identify and implement solutions and influences business processes that will result in significant bottom line contributions and/or efficiency improvements,
- Regular communication and presentation to organization’s management are required, with emphasis on visualization skill, quality, and timeliness.
2. Demand Planning integration and configuration
- Lead the development and configuration of forecasting algorithms
- Support integration of demand planning as SME; supporting the implementation and use of forecasting models
- Lead efforts to configure and integrate demand measurement capabilities for clients
3. Develop methodologies, processes, techniques, and tools to analyze and monitor model performance
a. Continuously strive to improve all the KPIs:
- Sales Forecast Error (MAPE)
- Forecast Bias %
- Forecast Value Add
- No-touch Forecast ad
b. Evaluate the need for fresh analytics requirements for business users, assess the problems to be solved, and what internal or external data sources to use or acquire.
4. S&OP; Supply Chain Planning
- Real world experience with operating or participating in an S&OP process
- Hands on experience with demand planning, supply planning, inventory management
- Experience developing capabilities from scratch
- Understanding of planning user flows and responsibilities
5. Engagement Management
- Demonstrated leadership on consulting or team engagements
- Ability to define problems and delegate workflows
- Develop and coach a team to deliver and exceed client expectations and satisfaction
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Advanced degree in quantitative field of Statistics, Applied Mathematics or Engineering, Supply Chain Management with specific full-time courses in Data Science & Analytics, preferred (from Tier 1 Institute/University).
- 5+ years of strong quantitative skillset with experience in statistics and ML, with focus on forecasting • A natural inclination toward solving complex problems using data and data science principles and manage related people and process impact
- 2+ years of experience with statistical programming languages including SAS, R, Python, etc., to process data and gain insights from it
- Knowledge and application of machine learning techniques including decision-tree learning (Random Forest, Gradient Boost) segmentation, artificial neural networks, etc., and their pros and cons.
- Knowledge and experience in advanced statistical forecasting techniques and Time Series Analysis concepts including, ESM, regression (ARIMA, ARIMAX) etc.
- Previous experience of statistical based driver analysis to explain outcome of data science models to business users and decision makers
- Strong Applied Knowledge of analytical techniques in statistical modelling, machine learning with exposure to forecasting domain
- Should be able to articulate data science outcome into business understandable language • Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Business Intelligence tools.
- Certifications any of SAS Base, SAS VF, SAS Visual Statistics, etc. is desirable
- Travel may be up to 50% or as required.
- Fluent English communication is a must.
Statistics & EDA,