Brief Description of position:
We are looking for a Data Scientist to analyze large amounts of raw information to find patterns
that will help improve our clients business. We will rely on you to build data products to extract
valuable business insights.
You will be part of our AI team in developing AI based products through the latest cutting edge
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Combine models through ensemble modeling
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
- Communicate your findings to the appropriate teams through visualisations
- Collaborate and communicate findings to diverse stakeholders
- Provide solutions but not limited to: Object detection/Image recognition, naturallanguage processing, Sentiment Analysis, Topic Modeling, Concept Extraction,Recommender Systems, Text Classification, Clustering , Customer Segmentation &Targeting, Propensity Modeling, Churn Modeling, Lifetime Value Estimation, Forecasting, Modeling Response to Incentives, Marketing Mix Optimization, Price Optimization.
- Follow/maintain an agile methodology for delivering on project milestones.
- Excellent oral, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Bachelors in Math, Computer Science, Information Systems, Machine Learning,
Statistics, Econometrics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research or related technical
degree with ability to break complex business problems down to smaller more solvable
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a related position, as a junior data scientist
building predictive analytics solutions for various types of business problems.
- Working knowledge of statistical techniques, NLP, machine learning algorithms and deep
learning frameworks like Tensorflow, Theano, Keras, Pytorch, PySpark.
- Programming background and expertise in building models using at least one of the
following languages: Python, R ,Java, C, C++, Scala.
- Good knowledge in the implementation of deep learning models for image classification,
Document classification models, object detection, logo detection.
- Self-motivated and driven to deliver agreed results on-time.
Conceptualized as far back as 2015, and commencing full-time operations in 2018, Blackstraw technologies Pvt Ltd. is a software products and services company specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning solutions for various industries. We support businesses around the world, including North America, Europe and Asia, working to simplify
AI implementation through our platform that expedites data labelling, AI model-training, and cloud or on-premise deployments.
With more than 170 years of combined work-experience, the 170+-strong Blackstraw Team comprises various experts in the AI value chain. We are a fast-moving team that prides ourselves in rapidly identifying different use-cases and fine-tuning our products to suit specific business needs.
We are focused on providing solutions related to computer vision, natural language processing, Data annotation tools for deep learning models, etc. To stay competitive in business, it is key for organizations to adopt and implement smart AI solutions and service offerings. However, most companies are unable to implement AI rapidly due to the complexity of existing solutions, inadequate data and cost implications.
Our mission is to enable enterprises to adopt AI in an easier, cost-effective and time-efficient manner with a plug-and-play approach to their data.
Blackstraw operations are based out of Canada, USA & India. Our head office is based in Florida.