Brief Description of position:
We are looking for a Lead Data Scientist to head a technical team and help us gain useful insight out of raw data.Lead Data Scientist responsibilities include managing the data science team, planning projects and building analytics models. You should have a strong problem-solving ability and a knack for statistical analysis. If you’re also able to align our data products with our business goals, we’d like to meet you.
Your ultimate goal will be to help improve our products and business decisions by making the most out of our data.
- Responsibilities include Identify, develop and implement the appropriate statistical techniques, algorithms and Deep learning / ML Models to create new, scalable solutions that address business challenges across industry domains, as well as provide actionable insights with a clear impact on ROI.
- Define and develop, maintain and evolve data models, tools and capabilities.
- Communicate your findings to the appropriate teams through visualisations.
- Collaborate and communicate findings to diverse stakeholders.
- Provide solutions for but not limited to: Object detection/Image recognition, natural language processing, Sentiment Analysis, Topic Modeling, Concept Extraction, Recommender Systems, Text Classification, Clustering , Customer Segmentation & Targeting, Propensity Modeling, Churn Modeling, Lifetime Value Estimation, Forecasting, Modeling Response to Incentives, Marketing Mix Optimization, Price Optimization.
- Ability to build, train and lead a team of data scientists.
- Follow/maintain an agile methodology for delivering on project milestones.
- Excellent oral, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Experience applying statistical ideas and methods to data sets to answer business problems.
- Mine and analyze data to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Bachelors/ Masters/ PhD degree in Math, Computer Science, Information Systems, Machine Learning, Statistics, Econometrics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research or related technical degree with ability to break complex business problems down to smaller more solvable parts.
- 10 plus years total experience with minimum of 5 years of experience in a related position, as a data scientist or business analyst building Computer Vision & NLP
solutions for various types of business problems
- Knowledge of statistical techniques, NLP, machine learning algorithms and deep learning frameworks like Tensorflow, Theano, Keras, Pytorch
- Minimum 5 years of Programming background and expertise in building models using at least one of the following languages: Python, R ,Java, C,C++
- Good knowledge in the implementation of deep learning models for image classification, Document classification models, object detection, logo detection.
- Strong individual planning and project management skills, able to juggle multiple tasks and priorities Self-motivated and driven to deliver agreed results on-time.
- Strong storytelling & articulation skills - ability to convert analytical output into clear, concise, and persuasive insights & recommendations for technical & non-technical
- Strong influence and relationship management skills; comfortable interacting with all management levels; Prior experience in providing strategic analysis and consulting.
Conceptualized as far back as 2015, and commencing full-time operations in 2018, Blackstraw technologies Pvt Ltd. is a software products and services company specializing in
Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning solutions for various industries. We support businesses around the world, including North America, Europe and Asia, working to simplify
AI implementation through our platform that expedites data labelling, AI model-training,and cloud or on-premise deployments. With more than 170 years of combined work-experience, the 170+-strong Blackstraw Team comprises various experts in the AI value chain. We are a fast-moving team that prides ourselves in rapidly identifying different use-cases and fine-tuning our products to suit specific business needs. We are focused on providing solutions related to computer vision, natural language processing, Data annotation tools for deep learning models, etc. To stay competitive in business, it is key for organizations to adopt and implement smart AI solutions and service offerings. However, most companies are unable to implement AI rapidly due to the complexity of existing solutions, inadequate data and cost implications. Our mission is to enable enterprises to adopt AI in an easier, cost-effective and time-efficient manner with a plug-and-play approach to their data. Blackstraw operations are based out of Canada, USA & India. Our head office is based in