Brief Description of position:
Founded in 1963, and headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) is a global media and technology company with two primary businesses: NBCUniversal and Comcast Cable. NBCUniversal operates 30 news and entertainment cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, television production operations, television station groups, Universal Pictures, and Universal Parks & Resorts. Comcast Cable Communications, LLC (“Comcast nation’s largest video, high‑speed internet, and phone provider to residential and business customers under the XFINITY brand. Comcast has invested in technology to build a sophisticated network that delivers the fastest broadband speeds, and brings Cable”) is the customers personalized video, communications, home management offerings, and business services.
Website - http://comcastjobs.in
- Responsible for planning and designing new software and web applications.
- Analyses, tests, and assists with the integration of new applications.
- Oversees the documentation of all development activity.
- Assists with tracking performance metrics. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities.
- Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment.
- May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Trains junior Software Development Engineers on internally developed software applications.
- Oversees the researching, writing, and editing of documentation and technical requirements, including evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals, and formal recommendations and reports.
- Displays expertise in knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, and skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays expertise in process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Assists in tracking and evaluating performance metrics. Ensures team delivers software on time, to specification, and within budget.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements.
- Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications.
- Assists with the software update process for existing applications, and rollouts of software releases.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry.
- Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products.
- Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques.
- Serves as a guide and mentor for junior-level Software Development Engineers.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications. Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace. Comcast is an equal opportunity employer.