Brief Description of position:
At Eko, our mission is to empower small businesses to get first time access to credit and scale their business. Founded in 2007, Eko’s app store allows small businesses to expand their offerings and digitize business transactions - creating access to formal credit through Eko’s proprietary algorithm. In this pursuit, Eko partnered with the largest banks of India and patented innovations backed by advanced technology. Eko also offers open APIs to empower developers & partners to create their own networks.
So far, Eko has built over 100 services on its platform to cater to the digital needs of customers including banking, insurance, bill payment, mobile recharges.
Based out of Gurgaon, Eko has served over 35 million customers with a network of over 300 thousand small businesses and 300 API partners across India. The transaction value on Eko, over the last 12 months, stands at over 25 thousand crore rupees. Eko is committed to taking digital economy solutions to the next 500 million Indians and across developing countries around the world.
About the role
As a Data Scientist, your role will be to utilize your analytical, statistical, and programming skills to collect, analyze, and interpret large data sets. This information can be used to develop data-driven solutions to solve difficult business challenges and analyze trends to make better decisions.
- Understand the objective question to be answered and identify the correct data set for the problem.
- Exploratory data analysis- Dive into the data and identify patterns. Work on cutting-edge techniques e.g., machine learning, deep-learning models, feature engineering etc.
- Development of end-to-end models for solving various business problems.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders (e.g., tech, product, sales, finance, business) to understand and design best solutions which can be implemented
- Understand how business decisions impact the P&L of the organization using modeling and analytics. This may include assessing risks of new products, fraud detection, or identifying inefficiencies in existing operations.
- Develop hypotheses and set up frameworks to test for the best solutions. This may also include analyzing the operational feasibility, lead implementation efforts, and monitor the success of the solutions implemented.
What can you expect
- Growth - We want Eko to build from within. We look at you as a leader with the potential to make Eko a decacorn.
- Exposure to all parts of the business - You will partner with every team, a unique opportunity to learn deeply about business
- Work with the best - Learn from the leaders who have pioneered in building the industry. Work with highly experienced, sharp and insanely ambitious colleagues
- High-growth startup & industry - Eko has been a market leader in different segments of fin-tech and we see rapid growth to come in the following years.
- Tech/ M.Tech/ MS/ PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics & computation from IIT, BITS Pilani, ISI
- 4+ years working as a Data Scientist in BFSI, healthcare, retail, e-commerce, product-based companies
- Risk Analytics, Marketing & retail Analytics or SCM analytics background preferred
- Should have hands on experience in Python data science libraries
- Experience in building Machine learning or time-series models
- Hands on experience in data gathering, cleaning and transforming techniques
- Knowledge of ETL techniques in handling large amounts of data is a plus
- Ability to multitask and work on a diverse range of requirements.
- Experience in MLOps or productionising ML models is a great plus
Competencies and skills
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have the following competencies and skills:
- Python, SQL, ML algorithms
- Cloud computing/AWS
- Knowledge of Mathematics and statistics
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Presentation skills
- Agility and endurance
- Awareness of latest industry trends
- Knowledge of Data Engineering is a plus
- Medical insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Liberal leave policy