Brief Description of position:
Job title: Data Scientist
Region: Asia Pacific
Contract type: Regular (full time)
Percentage: Click here to enter text.%
Contract start date: September 1, 2020 Contract end date: Click here to enter a date.
Hiring Manager: Head of Advanced Analytics
Job reporting to title: Head of Advanced Analytics
Travel requirements: 5-10%
LafargeHolcim is the global leader in building materials and solutions and active in four business segments: Cement, Aggregates, Ready-Mix Concrete and Solutions & Products. It is our ambition to lead the industry in reducing carbon emissions and accelerating the transition towards low-carbon construction. With the strongest R&D organization in the industry and by being at the forefront of innovation in building materials we seek to constantly introduce and promote high-quality and sustainable building materials and solutions to our customers worldwide - whether they are building individual homes or major infrastructure projects. LafargeHolcim employs over 70,000 employees in over 70 countries and has a portfolio that is equally balanced between developing and mature markets.
About The Role
LafargeHolcim’s APAC IT Services team has the charter to build competitive edge to the business by proactively building world class high quality innovative IT, Digital, Analytics and Business Process Improvement solutions/Services for APAC Region with focus on Operating Companies (OpCos) e.g. ACC, Ambuja in India, Australia & New Zealand and Bangladesh. There is also a mandate to set up a Global Digital Hub focused on Advanced Analytics, Digital Business Platforms and Digital Solutions to provide service across the globe in phased manner. To enable this vision, IT team strives to focus on:
- Co-creating IT, Digital & Data Strategy that not only aligns with business priorities but also creates and enables new business models that add competitive advantage to business.
- Building thought leadership and expertise in Emerging technologies & Data-driven Operations and creatively apply it to different needs of the business for Value Creation.
- Driving continuous Business Process Simplification, Improvement and Excellence
- Implementation of projects in Agile manner within time and budget addressing critical business needs leveraging appropriate technology
- Driving and Ensuring Value Creation, Adoption, Change Management and supporting Value Capture for various implemented projects.
- Building and Running a world-class NextGen IT to enable Business Outcomes.
The Data Scientist will be part of Global Digital Hub and will play a key role in enabling business for Data Driven Operations and Decision making in Agile and Product-centric IT environment.
Maximum 7 bullet points
- Work with Business / Domain SMEs, understand pain and opportunity areas and create analytical models to identify patterns and predict outcomes of key business processes
- Identify the appropriate modelling technique and use Machine Learning and Deep Learning Algorithms to develop self-correcting models and algorithms, validate results from the business perspective and identify levers to improve outcomes
- Collaborate with Product Development teams to industrialize AI / ML models and conduct rapid and iterative prototyping of minimum viable solutions
- Test hypothesis on raw datasets and build meaningful and conclusive insights to identify new opportunity areas
- Work on all aspects of data including data acquisition, data exploration, feature engineering, building and optimizing models etc.
- Design full stack ML solutions in a distributed computing environment including Cloud Platforms like AWS and GCP. If needed develop ML solutions to be deployed on the edge (like actuators in plants) or mobiles
Maximum 3 bullet points
Education / Qualification
- BE / B. Tech in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred
- Strong mathematics skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
- Certification in Cloud Analytics Platforms – AWS preferred followed by GCP/Azure
- Total experience of 8-10 years
- Industry Experience especially in Manufacturing Function in a Building Material Industry, Manufacturing, Process or Pharma
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: Regression, Boosting, Text Mining, Social Media Analysis, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in advanced Machine Learning & Deep Learning techniques and algorithms such as Decision Trees, Random Forests, SVMs, Regression, Clustering, Neural Networks, CNNs, RNNs, LSTMs, Transformers, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in experience in statistical computer languages (Python, R, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- 3+ years of experience in Big Data cloud platforms like AWS and GCP, Data Lakes, and Data Warehouses with specific experience of leveraging AWS / GCP and deploying AI / ML models on these platforms
- Experience in DL frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras or PyTorch
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (e.g. Qlikview) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop) will be an added advantage
Maximum 7 bullet points
Key Personal Attributes
Maximum 9 bullet points
- Analytic and Research Oriented
- Constructive and Collaborative Team Player
- Innovative and Continuous Improvement Mind-set
- Business focused, Customer & Service minded
- Strong Consultative and Management skills
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Confident in advising, developing and articulating solution
- Result oriented and with a work ethic of delivering on-time and in scope
- Open to Change and Disruption and Attitude to challenge the Status Quo
- Fluent Written and Spoken English with good command on Business Communication
Statistics & EDA,
Natural Language Processing,