Brief Description of position:
Lead Python Developer
Job location: Chennai, Pune, Mumbai.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: 8 to 10 Years
We are looking for a skilled Python developer to build and lead a team of developers under you. You will be responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application; therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Be an expert in Python, with solid working knowledge of at least one Python web framework such as Django, Flask, etc...
- Good familiarity with ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries.
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture.
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Jinja 2, Mako, etc.
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance.
- Good knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python.
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Strong unit test and debugging skills.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN.
- Help other team members to grow through regular feedback sessions and performance reviews.
- Promote and ensure knowledge sharing, to avoid silos in the team.
- Should follow good code quality standards.
- Follow/maintain an agile methodology for delivering on project milestones.
- Excellent oral, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Expertise in Object Oriented Programming Skills.
- Typically, 10 years of experience, 5+ years in bringing to life web applications, mobile applications, and machine learning frameworks.
- Good knowledge of caching technologies like Redis and queues like Kafka, SQS, MQ etc.
- Code review through the Crucible tool will be an added advantage.
- You should be a creative problem-solver who demonstrates clear and thoughtful approaches to challenging technical problems that solve real business needs.