Brief Description of position:
Job Description: Lead / Senior Data Scientist
Who are we
At TVS Motor Company, we like to help people meet their mobility needs with our products and services. We offer our products (sports bikes, scooters, utility mopeds, vehicle accessories, merchandise, mobile apps to track vehicle performance and value-added services etc.) to users across India as well as 60+ countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America, with the help our more than 5000 authorised retail outlets in India and more than 1000 in international markets.
At TVS Data Science & Engineering Group, we are a community of Data Scientists, Machine Learning Researchers and Data Engineers, working to drive TVS Motor Company’s research in machine learning & deep learning solutions. We partner with our retail partners end customers, business teams and digital application development teams to build data products in different areas of the customer and retail value chain.
We are looking to welcome an experienced data scientist who can build Data science products at scale for driving world-class customer engagement and drive higher customer lifetime value. This role includes designing and building AI/ML products at scale to improve customer life-time value, retail partners profitability, contact centre productivity and customer satisfaction. This role will collaborate with product owners and busines owners from departments like Retail Partners, CRM, Contact centres, Digital Assets, Customer Quality, Service, Spares, Merchandise and Accessories business lines.
To understand customer journey touchpoints of a Two-wheeler user and planned AI/ML interventions, please refer to the diagram below.
- Lead and take part in end-to-end ML (Machine Learning) projects deployments that require feasibility analysis, design, development, validation, and application of state-of-the art data science solutions.
- Need to deliver solutions to production through the software development lifecycle
- You will have to push the state of the art in terms of the application of data mining, visualization, predictive modelling, statistics, trend analysis, and other data analysis techniques to solve complex business problems including recommender systems, Contact-centre optimization, Customer sentiment modelling, customer life-cycle modelling, Spare parts inventory optimization, spare parts pricing, warranty, After market channel effectiveness
- Leverage and enhance applications using Natural Language Processing and Deep Learning for use cases including text mining, speech and object recognition
- Provide leadership to set up world-class ML lifecycle management processes.
- Write production ready code and deploy real time ML models; expose ML outputs through APIs (Application Programming Interface)
- Hypothesis Testing and Design of experiments to analyse and monitor results
- Partner with Data/ML engineers and vendor partners for input data pipes development and ML models automation
- For Lead Data Scientist: Over 7 years of Applied Machine learning experience in the fields of Machine Learning, Recommender Systems, Statistical Modelling, Predictive Modelling, Text Mining, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Deep learning and Optimization
- For Senior Data Scientist: Over 3-5 years of Applied Machine learning experience in the fields of Machine Learning, Recommender Systems, Statistical Modelling, Predictive Modelling, Text Mining, Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Educational Experience: PhD in Math, Computer Science, Statistics or related field or Masters in Math, Computer Science, Statistics or related field
- Applied experience with Machine Learning and Deep Learning on Large Datasets.
- Deep understanding of text representation and modelling techniques such as word-embeddings, sub word embeddings, Transformer architecture, BERT, NER, Intent Extraction, Entity Sentiment Analysis and Language Detection
- End-to-end hands on experience in data gathering, preparation, feature engineering, model building, validation, and productionizing at scale.
- Have a significant research expertise/accomplishment, theoretical depth and business experience in the e-commerce, customer analytics and marketing areas.
- Expert Python Programmer: SQL, extremely proficient with the SciPy stack (e.g. NumPy, pandas, scikit learn, matplotlib);
- Proficiency in work with open source deep learning libraries like TensorFlow, Keras, Pytorch
- Knowledge of the Big Data Ecosystem: (Apache Spark, Hadoop, Hive, EMR, MapReduce)
- Proficient in Cloud Technologies and Service (Azure Databricks, ADF, Databricks MLflow)
- A demonstrated ability to mentor junior data scientists and proven experience in collaborative work environments with external customers
- Proficient in communicating technical findings to non-technical stakeholders
- Holding routine peer code review of ML work done by the team
- Have 2+ years leading and / or collaborating with small to midsized teams
- Experienced in ML lifecycle mgmt. and ML Ops tools & frameworks
- Experience of working on vernacular languages, code mixed languages will be a plus.
We are committed to be an inclusive and diverse company. TVS Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.