Brief Description of position:
Corporate Information Solutions
The Senior Data Engineer is part of a Corporate Analytics SWAT team responsible for supporting data and analytics solutions for MMC Corporate Functions. This individual will collaborate with analytics team to design and implement MMC corporate data strategy, ensuring reliable data infrastructure and creating data solutions for variety of business use cases.
SENIOR DATA ENGINEER
What can you expect?
- Drive innovation within Data Engineering by playing a key role in technology decisions for the future of our data science and analytics
- Critical team member in the design and development for highly complex and critical data projects
- Leverage research and previous experience to ensure we’re up-to-date and continuously exploring
- We are passionate about trying new things and we follow through with 10% time and Tech hack-a-thons
- Excellent Professional development and Career growth opportunities
What is in it for you?
- Standard MMC Salary Package
- Standard MMC Colleague Benefits
- Work in a diverse culture and global team
- Grow in culture focused on training and mentoring
We will count on you to:
- Create and maintain highly scalable data pipelines across Azure Data Lake Storage, and Azure Synapse using Data Factory, Databricks and Apache Spark/Scala
- Responsible for managing a growing cloud-based data ecosystem and reliability of our Corporate datalake and analytics data mart
- Contribute to the continued evolution of Corporate Analytics Platform and Integrated data model.
- Identify gaps and weaknesses in our data stack and continue to guide learning advancements for the team
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to Data Engineering team in all phases of work including analysis, design and architecture to develop and implement cutting-edge solutions.
- Negotiate and influence changes outside of the team that continuously shape and improve the Data strategy
What you need to have:
- 7+ years of experience in tier 1 or 2 IT services companies or Tier 1 captives
- 7 years of experience implementing analytics data Solutions leveraging Azure Data Factory, Databricks, Logic Apps, ML Studio, Datalake and Synapse
- Working experience with Scala, Python or R
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related disciplines.
What makes you stand out?
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Domain knowledge in one of more of Corporate functions such as HR, Finance, Real Estate is preferred
- Excellent Problem solving skills with innovative and proactive approach
- Ability to recommend and implement best practices and processes