Brief Description of position:
MMC Business Unit: Marsh LLC
MMC Office Name: Marsh McLennan Global Services India Private Limited (MMGS)
MMGS Function: Knowledge Services
Marsh Advisory is the consultative branch of Marsh, which operates internationally and provides solutions in the increasing needs of our clients to implement risk management programs within their organization. Marsh Advisory helps companies to change their risk profiles so they can improve resiliency, reduce claims, and minimize the total cost of risk. Businesses today regularly tackle multiple challenges, whether facing property and casualty, cyber, reputational, or other risks, Marsh Advisory can help.
Marsh McLennan Global Services India Private Limited (MMGS) is a global knowledge centre for the MMC Group and houses teams that work closely with the colleagues across various operating units and locations. This position is out of our Mumbai, India office of MMGS to support our Advisory colleagues in the Pacific.
What can you expect?
- Design, develop, optimize, and maintain data architecture and pipelines
- Help build intuitive tools using NLP that ensures efficiency is created in the system by automating manual tasks
- Create process automation - develop frameworks for automating and maintaining constant flow of data from multiple sources
- Harmonise datasets using AI/ML
- Web scrapping – use python to fetch data from multiple online sources, cleanse it and build APIs if needed
- Develop, design and test data visualization reports, dashboards, KPIs, and insights in data viz. tools
- Publish and schedule automated refreshes per business requirements
- Handle a team of data scientists or engineer – training, providing technical support, work allocation, project management etc
- Steer stakeholder conversations and manage the quality and timelines of deliverables
We will count on you to:
- Work closely with business and digital colleagues on creating products that help us automate and scale-up the delivery of outputs
- Demonstrate experience to join together different data sets to create new information or investigate patterns
- Parse data from multiple sources - web or any other internal platforms to help support our data or analytics strategy
- Communicate the solution, its parameters, its assumptions and its inner workings to audiences who vary widely in their levels of technical fluency and seniority
What you need to have:
- An ideal candidate should be from strong data engineering background who leverages NLP and other AI/ML techniques to build sophisticated solutions
- The candidate should preferably, have experience in insurance/reinsurance industry in their data science & engineering team with 5 to 8 years of experience. Exceptional candidates from non-insurance background will also be considered
- You should be expert in Python and/or R programming and is able to create production level scripts
- You should have an ability to deploy your model using web technologies, R Shiny or Django
- You should have worked on VBA Macros and an expert in Excel
- You should have an ability to handle data upload/download and create data pipeline procedures using Python and AWS
What makes you stand out?
- Strong academic rigour, and students passing with statistics and data science skills from top tier colleges
- Strong programming and technical skills and an individual contributor to drive projects independently
- Ability to take initiatives to strive for improvement in analytical techniques, processes and outputs.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. In today’s increasingly uncertain global business environment, Marsh helps clients to thrive and survive. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and people. With 76,000 colleagues worldwide and annual revenue approaching $17 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies also include global leaders Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman.