Brief Description of position:
Business Unit: Marsh
Office Name: Marsh McLennan Global Services India Private Limited (MMGS)
MMGS Function: Knowledge Services
As a part of the Marsh Advisory team in Knowledge Services function of MMGS, the colleague would support our US Consulting Solutions stakeholders with qualitative and quantitative research to provide solutions in the increasing needs of our clients to implement risk management programs within their organization. Consulting Solutions practice is a part of Marsh Advisory that helps companies to change their risk profiles so they can improve resiliency, reduce claims, and minimize the total cost of risk.
MMGS is a global knowledge center for Marsh McLennan and houses teams, which work closely with the colleagues across various operating units and locations. This position is out of our Mumbai, India office of MMGS.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to help clients mitigate some of their most difficult problems across various risks. Candidates must have strong experience in a variety of data mining/analytics methods, using a diverse set of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations
What can you expect?
- Centralize and accelerate R&D prototyping
- Liaise closely with the Risk Consulting stakeholders in US to enhance and develop econometric and stochastic models
- Extensive research on how to tailor and tweak the existing models
- Data curation and development of local algorithms and running simulations
- Build data pipelines and automate end to end process of a model to create speed and efficiency
What is in it for you?
- Opportunity to be a part of world’s leading insurance broker
- A competitive salary, employee friendly policies, health care and insurance for you and dependants
- A respectful work environment that values healthy work-life balance
- Be a member of the elite Data Science Community (DSCo) at MMGS India and work directly with the Knowledge Services leaders to build solutions to support strategic initiatives
- Future career opportunities across a global organization
- Chance to be a part of a dynamic work culture that rewards innovation and collaboration
- Curated training programs to bring up to speed with Insurance knowledge
- Opportunity to work and grow in a diverse stakeholder environment with Marsh’s top Risk Consultants
We will count on you to:
- Mine and analyse data to drive optimization and improvement of product development and business strategies
- Assess the need, effectiveness and discovery of new data sources and data gathering techniques through extensive research
- Develop custom data models and algorithms from scratch to enhance current value proposition and new product developments
- Apply state-of-the-art advanced analytics, quantitative tools, and modeling techniques to interpret, make inferences, and offer recommendations based on insights from the data
- Work in a diverse environment by partnering with various Marsh teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyse model performance and data accuracy
- Build sophisticated risk model and take ownership of the product for various geographies
What you need to have:
- We’re looking for someone with 5-8 years of experience building statistical models and associated data architectures
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on research & product development
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience of advanced statistical techniques, concepts and applications - Stochastic Modelling, GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, Text Mining, Social Network Analysis, etc.
- Ability to apply and advise on state-of-the-art advanced analytic and quantitative tools and modeling techniques in order to derive business insights, solve complex business problems and improve decisions
- Expert level proficiency in statistical and computer languages like Python, R, SQL, etc.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Experience in querying databases
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
What makes you stand out?
- Strong academic rigour with statistics and data science skills from top tier colleges
- Domain experience with Insurance would be preferred
- Strong programming skills and technical individual contributor
- Ability to take initiatives to strive for improvement in analytic techniques, processes and outputs
- Knowledge of Tableau and AWS cloud will be an added advantage
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. In today’s increasingly uncertain global business environment, Marsh helps clients to thrive and survive. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and people. With 76,000 colleagues worldwide and annual revenue approaching $17 billion, Marsh McLennan also include global leaders Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman.
Natural Language Processing,