Brief Description of position:
MMC Business Unit: Marsh LLC
MMC Office Name: Marsh McLennan Global Services India Private Limited (MMGS)
MMGS Function: Knowledge Services
Marsh Advisory is the consultative branch of Marsh, which operates internationally and provides solutions in the increasing needs of our clients to implement risk management programs within their organization.Marsh Advisory helps companies to change their risk profiles so they can improve resiliency, reduce claims, and minimize the total cost of risk. Businesses today regularly tackle multiple challenges, whether facing property and casualty, cyber, reputational, or other risks, Marsh Advisory can help.
Marsh McLennan Global Services India Private Limited (MMGS) is a global knowledge centre for the MMC Group and houses teams that work closely with the colleagues across various operating units and locations. This position is out of our Mumbai, India office of MMGS to support our Advisory colleagues.
What can you expect?
- Design, develop, optimize, and maintain data architecture and pipelines
- Geospatial Analytics - process vast quantities of satellite image (GIS Maps) data into beautiful, visual products that provide actionable information
- Generate reports with GIS illustrating relevant parameters
- Web scrapping – use python to fetch data from multiple online sources, cleanse it and build APIs if needed
- Develop frameworks for automating and maintaining constant flow of data from multiple sources
- Harmonise datasets using AI/ML.
- In this role you need to have a research mindset and ability to solve complex business problems using data science and engineering techniques
- You will also be requested to create process automation and make the process efficient
- Develop, design and test data visualization reports, dashboards, KPIs, and insights in data viz. tools
- Publish and schedule automated refreshes per business requirements
- Technical support from other similar data science specialists with similar skillsets working under the same team.
- A broad spectrum of learning and development opportunities: The initial focus on the renewable energy industry with respect to catastrophe hazards. Future projects can be expected to be in areas of model development in support of other industries such as (but not limited to) aviation and construction.
We will count on you to:
- Build, develop and maintain complex Python models.
- Parse data from multiple sources - web or any other internal platforms to help support our data or analytics strategy
- Manipulate, analyse and present geographical information by creating programs to convert GIS information from one format to another
- Recognise problems and propose other approaches to solving design issues in programming and communicate potential solutions and workaround options to stakeholders
- Communicate the solution, its parameters, its assumptions and its inner workings to audiences who vary widely in their levels of technical fluency and seniority
What you need to have:
- An ideal candidate should be from strong data science and engineering background who leverages AI/ML techniques to build sophisticated models
- Masters in Maths, Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics or related numerate subject. Exceptional candidates with Bachelor’s degree in any of the above fields can be considered
- The candidate should preferably, have experience in insurance/reinsurance industry in their data science & engineering team with 5 to 8 years of experience. Exceptional candidates from non-insurance background will also be considered
- You should be an expert in Python and/or R programming and is able to create production level scripts
- You should have an ability to deploy your model using web technologies, R Shiny or Django
- You should have worked on VBA Macros and an expert in Excel
- You should have worked on data visualisation tools like Tableau
- You should have an ability to handle data upload/download and create data pipeline procedures using Python.
What makes you stand out?
- Strong academic rigour, and students passing with statistics and data science skills from top tier colleges
- Strong programming skills and technical individual contributor
- Ability to take initiatives to strive for improvement in analytics techniques, process and output.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. In today’s increasingly uncertain global business environment, Marsh helps clients to thrive and survive. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and people. With 76,000 colleagues worldwide and annual revenue approaching $17 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies also include global leaders Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman.
Natural Language Processing.