Brief Description of position:
MiQ is the leading marketing intelligence company with technology and people that help businesses win. They are experts at ingesting large amounts of data, modelling data to convert into insights and then actioning these insights through a variety of products and services. Our People have an endearing and unique quality that sets them apart from the rest and that is why our product inspires. Our People make the difference, and our values make the people.
In short, MiQ makes data valuable, insightful, and intelligent, which helps clients engage customers, grow sales and generate revenue. MiQ offers its clients products and services across Media (which is their programmatic managed media offering), Analytics (custom engineering and data science solutions for business challenges in digital marketing space) and Technology (their technology and analytics capabilities geared for their customers use). They enjoy a 97% client retention rate globally across brands such as Walmart, Barclaycard and Ford.
MiQ was built 10 years ago by Gurman Hundal and Lee Puri, with its original base in London, UK. Remaining a self-funded business, the company has now grown to over 700 employees, with 15 global offices covering 4 continents. Our business vision is to empower the marketing divisions with the relevant insights so that they can shape the overall business strategy. It is for this reason MiQ has very exciting and realistic growth expectations over the coming years. It is a great opportunity to work across a global business while becoming a key contributor within a growing, winning organization.
- Represent over 450 Client’s Globally
- 97% Retention Rate of Client’s since Launch
- 700 Global Employee’s, with a 100% Staff Retention Rate in the first 3 years of the business, currently 93%
- Offices in London, Manchester, Hamburg, 10 cities in the US, Toronto, Australia and Bangalore
- Award Winning Infrastructure – Recently voted for the ‘Best Use of Data’ as well as ‘Best Trading Team’ in UK and ‘Most Innovative Brand in Mobile’ in North America
SECTION 1 - WHAT WE VALUE AT MiQ
- PASSION - We love and live what we do
- DETERMINATION - We always find a way to “figure it out”
- UNITY - We back each other and challenge one another
- AGILITY - We anticipate the unexpected, embrace and adapt to change
- COURAGE - We dare to think unconventionally You can find out more about
- Job title - Data Scientist II
- Team - R&D Data Science
- Reports to - Team Lead
- Role Type – Individual Contributor
- Key relationships 1. Internal: Team Leads, Product Managers 2. External: Traders, CS, Analyst
SECTION 3 – ROLE PURPOSE
- Own and execute end to end Data science projects
- Translate product requirements into analytical requirements/specifications, design and develop required functionality in internal tool.
- Leverage technology to automate daily operational activities
- Collaborate with engineering teams to activate media campaigns based on analytical outputs.
- Ensure actionable insights are delivered by utilizing all our rich data in conjunction with client specific data.
- Able to understand the product requirement and able to execute end to end data product pipeline i.e. Research, Scoping, Data Analysis, Modeling, Prediction, Testing, Documentation.
- Understanding Product Requirements and able to put them in code logic with guidance of TL
- Ownership of a module of DS Logic
Org Wide Collaboration
- Excellent team player and works very effectively with all other functions
- Collaborating with Product Analyst for Validation of Product Offerings and Data Engineers/Technical teams on implementing product features
- Recommending Changes in Feature Level of the Product
- Active Participation in implementing new framework or concept within DS modules
- Working with TL/PA to offer trainings and presentations to analysts/CS stakeholders and help them resolve queries
Qualifications & Experience-Bachelors or master’s degree in computer science or Mathematics/Statistics.
- Experience in working in Data Science projects for a minimum of 3 years
- Experience in applying machine learning, statistical pattern recognition, and data mining algorithms to prediction problems.
- Strong Experience with at-least one programming language - e.g. Java, Python, R
- Strong experience with advanced SQL and good experience in big data ecosystem -Hive/Pig/MapReduce, Spark
- Extreme attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines and prioritise workload.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Good to Have
- Experience in working within Agile Scrum Methodology
- Experience in delivering data science projects leveraging cloud infrastructure.
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment - small teams with changing priorities.
- Demonstrated high degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Willingness to try new technologies and languages and ability to grasp and learn quickly.
At MiQ, we don’t just accept the differences of our people, it is what builds us as a community. MiQ is very proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.