Brief Description of position:
About the role
Who we are looking for
Data Tech, the home of Data Science, is a growth area in News UK and we strongly believe in giving our people a clear direction of travel with lots of autonomy to innovate. We want to attract people who have a passion for data and the bravery to take risks with bold ideas. We are building self-organised, highly motivated teams who have the curiosity to ask questions of everything and the optimism to take on exciting challenges.
We have a strong team of data scientists, our work is highly sought-after, and our impact on the business is tremendous. We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist who has strong analytical skills in the areas of Machine Learning, Statistics and Optimization and has the ability to work in an agile environment and while seeing the big picture takes attention to detail. Keeping up with the fast-changing world of technology takes someone who recognizes that. You know what’s happening in big data and you’re ready to influence what’s next.
Our Current Tech Stack
Google Cloud Platform is our Iaas
Our NLP has been built using Python
Cloud Composer / Airflow is Our orchestration tools
What happens after you apply?
Step 1 : within 2 Days of your application - which is wholesome original & expressive - Our TA Team will reach out to you for a quick chat.
Step 2 : Within 2-3 Days of your confirmation for the Job Application, you will receive an interview call from your future team to discuss the job role, deep dive into your Data science skills..
Step 3: On successfully clearing Step 2, we’ll schedule a call with your future Manager to deep dive into the role with you and for you to show off your skills through a case study and presentation.
Step 4: On mutual success and progress of the above three rounds, we will be all set to Onboard you with of course a Big Smile.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Firm sense of accountability and ownership for end-to-end project lifecycle
- Build ML models that generate or lead to the answer to some of the most challenging questions we have
- Research, design and prototype robust and scalable models based on machine learning, data mining, and statistical modelling to answer key business problems
- Partner with the business to deliver high impact. Find impactful problem and provide end to end solutions
- Evangelise your insights through compelling storytelling that inspires action
- Design machine learning systems, and oversee the platform on which the solutions would be deployed
- Ensure data integrity through – data quality, validation, governance and transparency
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyse model performance and data accuracy
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in the field by continuous learning and proactively champion promising new methods relevant to the problems at hand
- Deliver production quality, modular, reproducible code in Python
- Create data visualisations to visualise raw data and analytics insights to demonstrate efficacy of the solution
- A go-getter attitude with a drive for execution
- Collaborate within the Data Science group to review and refine your work to ensure the highest quality
Skills & Competencies
The following skills are essential or desirable.
- Minimum 5+ years of working experience as a hands-on data scientist is must
- Advanced Degree in the field of Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science or equivalent discipline
- Strong programming experience with Python
- Great analytical and problem solving skills, with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence
- Prior experience with applied statistics, experimental design, machine learning and Git version control is a must
- Experience with efficiently querying big datasets using SQL
- Experience or willingness to learn tools to create data pipelines using Airflow
- Experience with experimenting on different modelling techniques (supervised and unsupervised learning) and develop data visualisation for data stories
- Able to recognize business needs and ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders including PMs, business owners and operational teams
- Able to work independently and collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team environment
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (SCRUM)
- Experience in working on distributed or cloud computing platforms such as Google Cloud is a strong plus
- Able to build and deploy AI models into production with focus on scaling, monitoring and performance
- A self-starter with high levels of drive, energy, resilience and a desire for professional excellence with a passion for data and data science
- Lover of maths with a strong understanding of statistical methods
- Solid understanding of statistics, probability, optimisation, ML and DL
Statistics & EDA,