Brief Description of position:
INTACT RSA is working toward building the most sophisticated systems-based solutions in the Insurance world ! Our aim is to leverage technology to simplify the business for all our customers by developing best in class solutions driven by continuous technical advancements .
The Role :
This is an opportunity to partner with our global team of Data Architects and Data Scientists to agree the best approach for all things data related. As a Data Engineer you will be responsible for overseeing and hands on build, enhancement, and maintenance of systems-based solutions to meet analytical and insight requirements from the claims business. This includes working with our Claims roadmap implementation partners in relation to data MI and analytics. The role will support the delivery of claims indemnity savings through an intervention program, by delivering the associated optimal data engineering solution
The Responsibilities :
- Stakeholder Management
- Design, build, test and deploy MI system solutions, which meet user requirements and are delivered on time and to budget.
- Manage resolution of defects in ETL’s and code : Application production support and management of including responding to incidents and problems
- Ensuring that all systems solutions are developed in alignment with the MI development standards and are aligned with architectural strategy
- To ensure that all MI solutions delivered comply with regulatory control requirements and reporting standards and that financial control is maintained through full and proper risk assessment.
- Work with RSA’s technology partners to deliver projects
- Be able to accurately and quickly interpret requirements
- Extracting, Transforming, and Loading of data (ETL)
- Designing and delivering the analytics ‘Decision Engine’
- Deployment of analytics models into production containers
- Data integration (internal and external)
- Data Governance including code management, promotion and peer reviews
- Azure Technical Leadership
The individual :
- 8+ years in a technology based career, ideally in a multi-national environment.
- Experience of technical applications e,g, data/database concepts, mainframe application construction, web-based application construction, data warehousing and business intelligence.
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams with designers and developers.
- Advanced ADF, SSIS and SQL developer skills
- Developing and Governing IT Strategies & Architectures
- Managing IT Risks & Compliance
- Partnering with the Business
- Testing capability
- Strong Data Engineering experience
- Azure Synapse
- Azure Data Factory
- Strong SQL, Python Skills
- ETL development experience
- Experience deploying code using CI/CD pipelines using Azure Dev Ops/GIT