Brief Description of position:
Job Title: Supply Chain Data Engineer
Reports To: Senior Manager, SC Intelligence
- DVP Supply Chain
- DVP Distribution
- Functional Business Partners from:
- Banner, Merchants & Planning teams
- Supply Chain, Transportation and Distribution
- Store Operations
- Systems Support
- Asset Protection
- Third-party service providers
About Hudson's Bay Company
Hudson's Bay Company (HBC), founded in 1670, is North America's longest continually operated company. Today, HBC offers customers an unparalleled range of retailing categories and shopping experiences internationally. In Canada, HBC operates Hudson's Bay, Canada's largest department store with 90 full-line locations and one outlet store as well as thebay.com, unsurpassed in its fashion, beauty, home and accessory designers and brands.
The SC Intelligence team provides support to HBC’s Supply Chain through effective relationships with Logistics, Merchants, Suppliers and Service Providers. This support comes in the form of high quality, clear and timely communication provided to both internal and external users.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Supply Chain Intelligence the SC Data Engineer will be responsible for helping to build and monitor a variety of tools to track Purchase Orders, and identify and recommend solutions to any exception based activities throughout the supply chain cycle.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced professional who is an action oriented, strategic thinker with the ability to make recommendations and identify business opportunities. We are looking for a dynamic individual that is interested in developing their career at HBC.
- Assist in the development of processes, reports and tools used to proactively highlight Supply Chain issues and to escalate unresolved problems.
- Supporting international Supply Chain Optimization projects at HBC with a strong focus on data driven insights.
- Partnering with Distribution, Transportation, Procurement, Digital Store Operations and IT teams to optimize HBC's Supply Chain by identifying areas of opportunity.
- Determining best practice methodologies and establishing new processes.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of Supply Chain Management and/or IT experience in a fast-paced logistics environment
- University degree; College Diploma; or a combination of post-secondary education and experience in a logistics environment
- Advanced strategic thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to build alliances and partnerships with internal/external stakeholders
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma
Knowledge, Skills, and abilities Required
The ideal candidate must be able to work in a professional, fast-paced environment and be willing to deal with shifting priorities. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
- Demonstrates a results based and adaptive leadership style with strong impact and influencing skills, performance driven
- Excellent communication capabilities and practices both oral and written
- Strong ability to dissect, analyze and solve complex problems in a timely manner
- Highly flexible and adaptable and ability to cope with stress.
- Proven skill with structured analysis and design techniques including ability to gather business requirements through user interviews and ability to progressively refine an application design using common diagramming and modeling methods.
- Hands-on experience with UI/UX Design, HCI and Data mining.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as PowerBI, Tableau or similar.
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, Visual C#.net, Scala or Java.
- Fluency in SQL and relationship databases (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, RedShift)
Position to be based out of India