Brief Description of position:
We, at TheMathCompany, enable data analytics transformations for Fortune 500 organizations across the world. We enable our clients to build core capabilities that set them on a path to achieve analytics self-sufficiency.
- Over the last four years, we have been consistently doubling in size year-on-year with 500 (and counting…) Data Scientists & Engineers, Consultants and Visualization experts
- TheMathCompany has won multiple awards recognizing us as a global Data and Analytics
- firm –
- One of the Fastest Growing Technology Companies in India | Deloitte Tech Fast 50 India 2019 & 2020
- India’s #1 Indian Firm | Nikkei-FT-Statista High Growth Companies Asia-Pacific 2021
- India’s Fastest Growing Tech Firm | Economic Times and Statista 2021
- 35+ Fortune 500 Companies, from almost 10 different industries and countries, trust us to power their analytical transformation.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- An exciting opportunity to be a part of the growth journey of one of the fastest growing AI & ML firms – scope for experimentation, the big & small victories, the learnings and everything in between
- Our in-house learning and development cell - Co.ach, run by world-class data analytics experts, enables our folks to stay up to date with the latest trends and technologies
- At TheMathCompany, we insist on a culture that provides us all with enough flexibility to accommodate our personal lives without compromising on the dream of building a great company
- We are changing the way companies go about executing enterprise-wide data engineering and data science initiatives, and we’d love to have you grow with us on this journey
As a delivery manager – data engineering, you’ll have an opportunity to work & manage the universe of data and help the team solve some very interesting problems who will create and maintain scalable data pipelines dealing with petabytes of data. All our projects entail working on cutting edge technologies, petabyte scale data processing systems, data warehouses and data lakes to help manage the ever-growing information needs of our customers.
The responsibilities are detailed as below:
- Experience in managing a team size of 25+ team members in an end to end one or more analytical projects
- Ability to connect with team and lead continuous improvement, value addition and innovation culture
- Strong communication and ability to collaborate with multiple technology practices, pre-sales and take best propositions to customer
- Contracts & Commercials – Own the contacts, work on SOWs, SLA management, commercial closures of SOWs, regular invoicing.
- Responsible to work closely with the Product, Program Management, Architecture, Infrastructure teams, Cloud COE and Engineering teams to develop and own the execution of standard methodologies, to guide the organization through various stages of the Application development/migration lifecycle.
- Partner with and lead Program/ project delivery teams from our managed services partners, Internal and external Enterprise Architects, Cloud solution architects and cloud engineers in translating IT strategic goals, roadmaps, and business requirements into future state architectures designed to leverage the cutting-edge functionality delivered through commercial and private cloud service providers
- Building Business Case, Strategy, ROI, prioritization & Budget estimations
- Create and own detailed Program charters, Delivery plans for the end-to-end transformation programs including Service Transition; Development, Automation; Operating model change etc.
- Lead planning, execution, and delivery of large cross-functional initiatives.
- Prepare and present program and project status to key stakeholders at regular intervals.
- Identify, analyse, and mitigate risk exposure at all levels.
- Interact comfortably in one-to-one meetings with individual technical contributors, senior engineering leaders (technology and business).
- Build strategic relationships with key technology and business leaders to ensure success.
- Drive quarterly roadmap & resource planning activities and deliverables.
- Lead efforts to resolve key project conflicts and establish appropriate resolution paths.
We are looking for individuals who are curious, excited about learning, and navigating through the uncertainties and complexities that are associated with growing a company. Some qualifications that we think would help you thrive in this role are:
- BE/BS/MTech/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Overall 10+ years of experience in the data engineering space
- 5+ years of experience in building scalable enterprise data warehousing and modelling on prem and/or cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with building data engineering architectures as part of RFP, MVP’s is a plus.
- Experience with data engineering frameworks & concepts is a plus.
- Certified in AGILE certified SCRUM master or PMP (Project Management Professional) or equivalent is a plus
- Experience in handling multiple projects as a delivery / program manager is a plus