Brief Description of position:
Thoucentric is a management consulting company focused around helping organizations maximize growth & overall performance through transformation of their supply chain. Thoucentric was founded in April, 2015 by key management consulting and supply chain professionals having diverse industry, solution and product experience. Driven by a team of 190+ globally positioned supply chain consultants, Thoucentric is currently serving clients in CPG, manufacturing, transportation, logistics and retail sectors.
Thoucentric adds value to clients by specializing in effective liaison between business and technology organizations through following areas:
- Supply chain management, strategy and technology consulting
- Identifying and executing high value AI/ML projects within the organisation
- Large scale program management in IT/ITES space
- Growth enhancement and cost improvement programs
- Merger and acquisition integration programs
We are looking for motivated, team oriented, self-starter professionals to join us in our exciting journey of building a business focused on success of our clients. Being a start-up, we expect individuals to contribute to the growth of the company in different areas besides their specific job description.
Job Family: Digital / Analytics
Designation: Technical Architect - ETL (SSIS / Big Data)
Number of Roles: 3
Experience: 10+ years of relevant experience
We are looking for Senior Technical ETL Architects who will lead a team of Data Engineers and Visualization Experts on collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing huge datasets. The primary focus will be on choosing the optimal data technology to use for these purposes and designing an ETL solution in a highly demanding environment and providing hands on guidance to other team members, where needed. You will also be responsible for interacting with a diverse set of business stakeholders to understand the technical requirements and consulting them on technology architecture selection.
Extensive experience in leading large scale and complex DW and ETL projects as a technical architect is a must for this role.
- Design, solution and implement data architecture and ETL for a niche data platform
- Bring in-depth understanding on Relational, Big Data and Cloud technologies, with extensive experience of applying them to large scale client implementations
- Build client relationships and participate in business development and proposal work to grow a strong data engineering sub-practice
- Lead and work with colleagues and clients through the in-depth discovery phase on new projects that identifies their technological needs and translate those into a solution architecture
- Partner with stakeholders (Project Manager, Business Sponsors, Asset Owner, IT Leaders, technical resources) to review, clarify and refine the documentation corresponding to defined business requirements and need(s)
- Bring in thought and organizational leadership in Data Management and ETL domain
- Engage with cross-functional teams to implement solutions as a Technical Architect
- Design modern architectures involving traditional and big data technologies
- Implement the solutions you design through a team of data engineers
- Analyze source systems and design data extraction methodologies and guide the team in profiling and analyzing such data
- 10+ years of experience in Data Warehousing and ETL space, with 5+ years of experience as a Data / ETL Architect
- Master's degree in IT/Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics or a related discipline
Demonstrated experience leading architectural and data decisions that promote partnership between several disparate product teams
- Experience in working on large data integration projects using diverse databases (DW Appliance /RDBMS /NoSQL/Cloud), ETL tools like SSIS, Pentaho, Informatica etc., visualization tools like Tableau/Power BI
- Strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle and agile development methodology
- Experience with Big Data platforms and software like Hadoop, Apache Spark, HBase, HDFS, Map-Reduce, Pig, Hive, MongoDB
- Experience with Hadoop frameworks such as Hortonworks and Cloudera.
- Deep expertise in building cloud infrastructures like AWS, OpenStack, and Azure.
- Expertise in building communication channels between structured and unstructured database systems.
- Solid understanding of ETL architectures, data movement technologies and database concepts like Partitioning, Performance optimization.
- Hands-on experience with large-scale data environments, capacity planning, performance tuning, and monitoring
- Proficiency in architecting and delivering BI/EDW solutions.
- Strong analytical & programming skills as well as deep understanding of major RDBMS systems like Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
What's in it for you:
- A competitive compensation package
- The opportunity to participate in development of a unique data product in a rapidly expanding category
- The chance to be an early employee in a rapidly growing Data Engineering Practice of a vibrant Management Consulting company
- Ability to implement your ideas and differentiate yourself in the industry as an expert