Ushur : Principal Data Scientist
Brief Description of position:
Ushur is transforming the way businesses communicate, with cutting-edge AI and automation technologies. Powered by conversational AI and process automation, Ushur automates customer journeys across virtually any channel; text, web, voice, social, email and back-end systems. We focus on fast, iterative development with an emphasis on design-right philosophy. Currently, at Ushur, we are experiencing unprecedented & exciting growth with endless opportunities to innovate!
Ushur is seeking a Principal Data Scientist to join a high-impact team to build our AI-powered language intelligence, conversational automation and document intelligence stacks. We are looking for a hands-on, technically strong leader who can empower and guide the team as well.
What will you be doing?
As a Principal in Ushur ML team, your responsibilities will be to:
Design Develop and support feature extraction and data engineering work based on the Ushur’s Micro-Engagement Platform. With an understanding of the Machine Learning trends be able to apply various techniques on the data analytics as well.
- Collaborate with the team of talented engineers involved in various disciplines around the product including Architects, Developers, Testers and Machine Learning Engineers.
- Starting from a high-level requirement be able to arrive at the details of the features, study and derive various ML models based on both user and platform-generated data
- Enable “Diffusion of Innovation” by keeping Singer on the pulse of cutting-edge research in NLP and translate it to meaningful and practical applications.
- Propose new initiatives satisfying wider business goals on machine intelligence, communicate with key stakeholders towards strategising the design and implementation of new or enhanced ML models.
- Mentor and guide junior team members in achieving data science outcomes and handle multiple products and initiatives.
- Participate in Ushur internal cohorts and also represent the organisation across various industry forums, conferences and academia.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics or related technical Field.
- 5+ years of experience in Natural Language Processing (NLP) domain
- 10+ years of experience in leading large-scale ML applications and initiatives
- Solid experience in one or more of text classification, information extraction, dialogue learning, machine translation, question answering and vision/OCR applications
- Strong programming skills in Python or Java and experience with contemporary ML frameworks (Pytorch, TensorFlow)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ph.D in Computational linguistics, Applied Math or other CS related disciplines
- Strong publication record around NLP/RL/ML at forums like NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, EMNLP etc
- Exposure to MLOps platforms (MLFlow, DVC etc) and Big Data ecosystem
Why Join us?
We are passionate about intelligently automating our customer processes and we would love to have you as part of this exciting journey! We offer a very competitive compensation plan, stock options and a Flexible work environment for the ideal candidates
Minimum Work Experience:
Maximum Work Experience:
Maximum CTC (in lakhs per annum):
Natural Language Processing.