About ABInBev : Data Science Talent Hunt Hackathon
We are Anheuser Busch InBev – The world’s largest brewer and we are setting up our Growth Analytics Centre at Bangalore. We envision the centre to be a state-of-the-art facility that transforms the way we take decisions in the company. To realize our vision, we are looking for smart, driven and entrepreneurial Data Scientists who can dream big. This hackathon is a means for us to identify those who’d be willing to join us in realizing our vision. If you can Dream BIG, Work HARD, deliver some cutting-edge analytics & thrive in a truly meritocratic culture then all you need to do is excel in this hackathon!
About the company
Anheuser-Busch InBev is the World's largest brewer. Our Dream is to be the Best Beer Company bringing people together for a better world! We own some of the most celebrated brands in the world, including Budweiser, Corona, Stella Artois, etc.
We are a company of owners that believes in achieving excellence in all that we do. We embrace and lead change. We’re focused, and we work hard. Although we’re spurred on by our desire for success, we’re equally driven by the people around us – inspired and motivated by the great minds we work with.
Job Description: Data Scientist
As a Data Scientist, you will be working with some of the best minds in the analytics world, solving real-world business problems using data and cutting edge analytical algorithms. We solve problems that have significant business impact in areas spanning Marketing, Revenue Management, HR, Sustainability, Strategy, etc.
Our journey in forecasting started with simple regression models giving reasonable accuracy levels. But we kept challenging ourselves and soon deployed more sophisticated algorithms. Today, we work across a wide range of algorithms including Extreme Gradient Boosting, Support Vector Regression, Fourier ARIMA, and an ensemble of many of these.
Of course, the work doesn’t begin or end with modelling as a Data Scientist. You are expected to collaborate with the stake holders to discover/define the business problem, convert these problems into appropriate analytical problems, form educated hypotheses, procure and clean the data, develop insights on model results and be able to make a compelling story for the business, in the language they understand.
If you can crack this hackathon challenge, then we will know that you have the skills!
We are looking for good thinkers, who can appreciate business, have broad and deep exposure to statistics / ML techniques and can code well in R or Python. Excellent skills in MS Excel is a must. In addition to this, if you have a good eye for visualization and can present lucidly at the right level of depth to the audience, you are the person we are looking for!
At least 3 years of hands on experience in analytics/ data science
Rules of Participation
Analytics Vidhya Hackathon Rules
- The contest starts Saturday, 24th February 2018, 00:00:00 (IST) . The data set and the problem statement will be released at the same time.
- Contest closes at 23:59 (IST) on the 25th of February,2018.
- Entries submitted after the contest is closed will not be considered.
- Since this is a hiring hack, you are expected to solve the problem on your own.
- Use of external dataset is not allowed
- Participation is free-of-charge
- Participant must update their profile details and upload their latest CV.
- Analytics Vidhya and ABInbev hold the right to disqualify any participant at any stage of competition if participant(s) are deemed to be acting fraudulently.
- All prizes are subjected to clearing the face-2-face rounds and joining the organisation
- You can use solution checker only 5 times a day
- Adding comments is mandatory for the use of solution checker
- Comments will help you to refer to a particular solution at a later point in time.
- Setting final submission is mandatory. Without a final submission, your entry will not be considered.
- Code file is mandatory while sending final submission. For GUI based tools, please upload a zip file of snapshots of steps taken by you, else upload code file.
- The code file uploaded should be pertaining to your final submission.
Rules of Conduct
- Throughout the hackathon, you are expected to respect fellow hackers and act with high integrity.
- Slack Live Chat admins hold the right to block any participant found to use foul / disrespectful language.