About DATA TALES – Beyond Infinity (Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai)
Put up your thinking caps to decide the difference between the solution, good solution and best solution. The challenge is not just to solve the live problem but to prove that your solution is better than the rest where innovation and implementation is beyond the idealistic concept of text books.
Forum for to showcase your mettle in the field of Analytics, Great Lakes, Chennai presents to you an exclusive Data Analytics event, powered by Analytics Vidhya.
Here is your chance to show your mettle in a battle of numbers, prediction and accuracy.
- To Join Round 2 click on this link https://datahack.analyticsvidhya.com/contest/data-tales-round-2/
- This event is open to only students in India.
- A participant can be a part of only one team.
- Team creation must be done by 6:00 PM IST, 6th January 2017
- This is a team event, with each team consisting of 2 participants. Members of the team should be from the same institution.
- The submissions are to be attempted in a team, not individually.
- Multiple teams can participate from one college.
- The team members may be from different years in their MBA/PGDM course.
- Please adhere to the deadlines given, requests for extensions and late entries will not be entertained.
- In the case of any dispute, the decision of the organizing team shall be final.
- The format and structure of events are subject to change before the actual beginning of the event.
- The maximum travel reimbursement for a team (Round 3 – finalist) will be Rs. 3,000 or the ticket fare, whichever is minimum.
Round 1 (On-line Quiz)
Round 1 will an online quiz which will be an elimination round. A team can have a maximum of two participants. One person has to register from each team with the team details.
- Registrations to be done before: 06:00 PM IST, 6th January 2017
- The quiz will be held on 09:00 PM IST, 6th January 2017 and duration of the contest is 1 hour
- 25 MCQ’s based on Statistics and Business Analytics
- Only team leader or individual participant (if not part of a team) can participate in the quiz
- Only team leader or individual participant will have access to quiz (Will mail the quiz link)
Round 2 (Case Study Round)
The shortlisted participants of Round 1 will be participating in case study/ Machine Learning challenge. Participants can use Excel/R/SPSS/Python or any other tool for modeling
- Round 2 will start on 7th January 10:00 AM IST
- Submissions on the portal to be made before 11:59 PM IST, 17th January 2017
- Results and Round 2 shortlisted candidates to be announced on 18th January 2017
- Maximum two submissions per day per team.
- Teams must have to upload the code file for regeneration of score
Round 3 (On-campus Finals)
Selected teams will get a chance to come to Great Lakes, Chennai and present their solution to the panel of Judges. Shortlisted teams have to submit a presentation explaining their results.
- Round 3 will start on 27th January 1:00 PM IST
- Each presentation will last about 15 minutes.
- The guidelines for the final round (Round 3) shall be communicated to you at the end of the second round.
- The Prize and Certificate distribution ceremony will take place soon after the Results are announced on 27th Jan 2017
31th December 2016 (6:00 PM IST)
6th January 2017 (6:00 PM IST)
Round 1 – Online Quiz
6th January 2017 (9:00 PM IST)
Results of Round 1
7th January 2017 (10:00 AM IST)
Round 2 – Case Study
7th January 2017 (10:00 AM IST)
Round 2 – Case Submission
17th January 2017 (11:59 PM IST)
Results of Round 2
19th January 2017 (10:00 AM IST)
Round 3 – On Campus presentation
27th January 2017 (1:00 PM IST)
Min Number of Registrants For Group Registration
Max Number of Registrants For Group Registration
- Who is a student?
Any one undergoing a course from a recognised university or college will be considered as a student.
- I am undergoing a part time course, will I be considered as student?
- I am a student, but I am unable to register for this hackathon?
First, create a profile on Analytics Vidhya (SignUp) and then register yourself as a Student here.
- What do you need in a Photo id?
A photo id is an identification issued by your college / university acknowledging that you are a student. The id would typically have your roll number, start date and end date
- How long will it take to be verified as a student?
We will do it with in a couple of days. Normally, it is faster than that.
If you have any queries, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or following team members.
+91 82753 25196
+91 88062 26590
Bharat S Raj
+91 94474 84339
+91 98844 56843