About Mini Datahack
Mini DataHack is a Machine Learning competition where you will need to solve a given dataset. Indulge yourself in this 3 hours datahack where you will get to analyse your skill sets among other data practitioners. Don’t miss on this chance as this will be an experience full of learning.
Mini DataHack will be held on 28th May from 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM (IST). Get to win cash prize of INR 55K (~$810).
- To participate in this competition, you must have knowledge of SAS/R/Python/Julia/Go.
- You must have knowledge on machine learning algorithms.
- Data exploration skills is also required.
- The contest starts at 8:00PM (IST) on 28th May 2016, when the data set and the problem statement will be released.
- No submissions would be accepted after 11:00PM (IST) 28th May 2016.
- People are free and are encouraged to post their challenges / findings / solutions on the discussion portal in the following category: Online hackathon
- The best entries as judged by the metric and Analytics Vidhya gets the winning prizes.
- After the end of contest, we will release winner's solution to the wider community
- There is NO REGISTRATION FEES.
1. The hackathon starts at 20:00 (UTC + 5:30 ) on 28th May, 2016 and closes at 23:00 on 28th May, 2016 (UTC + 5:30)
2. One person cannot participate with more than one user accounts.
3. Appropriate Taxes will be applicable on the prize money.
1. You are free to use any tool and machine you have rightful access to.
2. You can use any programming language or statistical software.
1. You are free to use solution checker as many times as you want.
2. Adding comment is mandatory for use of solution checker
3. Comments will help you to refer to a particular solution at a later point in time.
1. Setting final submission is mandatory. If you don't make final submission, your entry would be dis-qualified.
2. No submissions would be entertained after the hackathon ends.
3. Code file is mandatory while setting final submission. For GUI based tools, upload zip file of snapshots of steps taken by you, else upload code file.
4. The code file uploaded should be pertaining to your final submission. If we find any discrepancy between the two, your entry would be dis-qualified.
1. Maximum of 2 people can form a team.
2. In case a team wins, prize would be distributed equally among team members
3. Teams can't be merged.
1. At any point in the hackathon, you are expected to respect fellow hackers and act with high integrity.
2. Slack Live Chat admins hold the right to blacklist / block any participant found to use foul / disrespectful language. Chat forum will be closely monitored.
3. Analytics Vidhya holds the right to disqualify any participant at any stage of competition if found indulged in fraudulent practices.