About Practice Problem: Big Mart Sales III
Nothing ever becomes real till it is experienced.
While we don't know the context in which John Keats mentioned this, we are sure about its implication in data science. While you would have enjoyed and gained exposure to real world problems in this challenge, here is another opportunity to get your hand dirty with this practice problem powered by Analytics Vidhya.
This hackathon aims to provide a professional setup to showcase your skills and compete with their peers, learn new things and achieve a steep learning curve.
Data Science Resources
- You can access the free course on the complete EDA (Exploratory Data Analysis) and modelling for this problem using R here.
- Are you a complete beginner? If yes, you can check out our latest 'Intro to Data Science' course to get kickstart your journey in data science.
- One person cannot participate with more than one user accounts.
- This is proprietary dataset, you can only use for this hackathon (Analytics Vidhya Datahack Platform) not for any other reuse
- You are free to use any tool and machine you have rightful access to.
- You can use any programming language or statistical software.
- You are free to use solution checker as many times as you want.
1. Are there any prizes/AV Points for this contest?
This contest is purely for learning and practicing purpose and hence no participant is eligible for prize or AV points.
2. Can I share my approach/code?
Absolutely. You are encouraged to share your approach and code file with the community. There is even a facility at the leaderboard to share the link to your code/solution description.
3. I am facing a technical issue with the platform/have a doubt regarding the problem statement. Where can I get support?
Post your query on discussion forum at the thread for this problem, discussion threads are given at the bottom of this page. You could also join the AV slack channel by clicking on 'Join Slack Live Chat' button and ask your query at channel: practice_problems.