About Practice Problem: Identify the apparels
More than 25% of entire revenue in E-Commerce is attributed to apparels & accessories. A major problem they face is categorizing these apparels from just the images especially when the categories provided by the brands are inconsistent. This poses an interesting computer vision problem which has caught the eyes of several deep learning researchers.
Fashion MNIST is a drop-in replacement for the very well known, machine learning hello world - MNIST dataset which can be checked out at ‘Identify the digits’ practice problem. Instead of digits, the images show a type of apparel e.g. T-shirt, trousers, bag, etc. The dataset used in this problem was created by Zalando Research. More details can be found at this link.
Data Science Resources
- To get started with deep learning/computer vision, enroll for the online course 'Computer Vision for Deep Learning' at our trainings platform
- Are you a beginner? If yes, you can check out our latest 'Intro to Data Science' course to kickstart your journey in data science.
- One person cannot participate with more than one user accounts.
- You are free to use any tool and machine you have rightful access to.
- You can use any programming language or statistical software.
- You are free to use solution checker as many times as you want.
Categorise the apparels into the correct categories (Shoe, Top, Dress etc.) using just the image of the apparel