About Practice Problem: Recommendation Engine
Recommending the questions that a programmer should solve given his/her current expertise is a big challenge for Online Judge Platforms but is an essential task to keep a programmer engaged on their platform.
In this practice problem, you are given the data of programmers and questions that they have previously solved along with the time that they took to solve that particular question.
As a data scientist, your task is to build a model that can predict the time taken to solve a problem given the user current status.
This model will help online judges to decide the next level of questions to recommend to a user.
Data Science Resources
- You can refer our learning path to learn more about the tools and technologies required to solve Data science problems. You can find it here.
- One person cannot participate with more than one user accounts.
- You are free to use any tool and machine you have rightful access to.
- You can use any programming language or statistical software.
- You are free to use solution checker as many times as you want.
- Adding comment is mandatory for use of solution checker
- Comments will help you to refer to a particular solution at a later point in time.
- At any point in the hackathon, you are expected to respect fellow hackers and act with high integrity.
- Analytics Vidhya holds the right to disqualify any participant at any stage of competition if found indulged in fraudulent practices.