About AVdatafest : The Creative Analyst
A cliché 'an analytics must have analytical and logical bend of mind' is ubiquitous. But, shouldn't an analyst be creative ? Surely do! It's just people unconsciously do it and fail to realize that skill. In fact, the best of data visualization applications are a result of a blend of creativity and analytics. Do you possess this terrific blend of skills ? It's time to explore !
The Creative Analyst is a data visualization competition. The duration is 24 hours. Participants are free to use any data visualization tool to participate in this competition. Creative intelligence will be a winning factor. May be best creative analyst win. Lucrative prizes to be won!
- The contest starts at 12:00 (IST) on 24th April 2016, when the data set and the problem statement will be released.
- No submissions would be accepted after 11:00PM (IST) 24th April 2016.
- People are free and are encouraged to post their challenges / findings / solutions on the discussion portal in the following category: Online hackathon
- The best entries as judged by the metric and Analytics Vidhya gets the winning prizes.
- You are requested to join this forum. You'll find live chat sessions amongst the data scientists: Slack
- There is NO REGISTRATION FEES.
- You are free to use any tool and machine you have rightful access to.
- You can use any programming language or statistical software.
- You are free to use solution checker as many times as you want.
- Adding comment is mandatory for use of solution checker
- Comments will help you to refer to a particular solution at a later point in time.
- Setting final submission is mandatory. If you don't make final submission, your entry would be dis-qualified.
- No submissions would be entertained after the hackathon ends.
- Code file is mandatory while setting final submission. For GUI based tools, upload zip file of snapshots of steps taken by you, else upload code file.
- The code file uploaded should be pertaining to your final submission. If we find any discrepancy between the two, your entry would be dis-qualified.
- At any point in the hackathon, you are expected to respect fellow hackers and act with high integrity.
- Slack Live Chat admins hold the right to blacklist / block any participant found to use foul / disrespectful language. Chat forum will be closely monitored.
- Analytics Vidhya holds the right to disqualify any participant at any stage of competition if found indulged in fraudulent practices.