About ML Hikeathon (An Online Machine Learning Hackathon)
Hike presents the ML Hikeathon, in association with Analytics Vidhya. ML Hikeathon is an amazing opportunity for you to showcase your machine learning abilities and talent on a real-world problem. In this hack, you will develop a model for Link Prediction on Hike’s Social Network*. If you’re interested to know more about Hike’s latest research on this topic, read our blog post on Friend Recommendation Using Heterogeneous Network Embeddings
The top performers will be considered for job opportunities within the Machine Learning team at Hike. The team mines one of the biggest repositories of user insights in India as it focuses on a variety of interesting applications in the areas of Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision, Recommendation Systems, Social Network Analysis etc. Do read Data Science @ Hike — NLP, Vision, Network Analysis & more to know more
So what are you waiting for? Grab this amazing opportunity to display the spectrum of creativity in your mind.
*Hike respects its user’s privacy and keeps all data confidential. Any data shared in ML Hikeathon is anonymised data. Hike’s top priority is to deliver the best to its users and uses data only to improve the user experience.
About the Company (Hike):
In a country like India with 20+ languages and dialects, input is a big problem. Hike is aiming to solve that with Stickers as the foundation— delivering the ‘right sticker at the right time’ in a conversation. Imagine machine learning, infinite content creation, and voice input— all coming together to re-invent communication for a market like India.
Over the last 6 years, Hike has acquired a user base of over 100 million users. On average, Hike’s highly engaged user base spends over 30 min per user per day on the platform.
Founded by Kavin Bharti Mittal, the Delhi based venture has high-quality investors like Bharti, Softbank, Tiger Global, etc. In August 2016, Hike raised its fourth round of funding of USD 175 million led by Tencent and Foxconn at a valuation of USD 1.4 billion and achieved the feat of being the fastest to attain unicorn status amongst Indian startups. Also, Hike is the highest rated Glassdoor company in India (4.4/5).
Attend Hike Delhi NCR Meet up and online webinar:
- Delhi NCR Meetup: https://datahack.analyticsvidhya.com/contest/mining-networks-hike-hq-delhi-meetup/
- Online Webinar: https://datahack.analyticsvidhya.com/contest/webinar-building-products-in-the-ai-era/
Know more about Hike and connect with us on:
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/hikeapp/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/hikeapp
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/2790400/
- Hike Engineering Blog: https://blog.hike.in/engineering/home
- Careers: https://careers.hike.in/
Who all can Participate?
Open for all data enthusiasts – statisticians, data scientists, analysts, and students.
Hike employees are not allowed to participate in the competition.
- 1st : INR 2,00,000
- 2nd : INR 1,00,000
- 3rd : INR 50,000
In addition to the above, the top scorers get a chance to interview with Hike for roles in the Machine Learning (ML) team.
- Entries submitted after the contest is closed, will not be considered
- Individual participation is allowed in the hackathon, and participant can either be a part of a team or can participate individually.
- Multiple IDs of user leads to disqualification from the contest
- Use of external data is not allowed
- Participants who are interested in a job opportunity with Hike must update their profile details and upload their latest CV
- The decision on the winners and runners-up made by Analytics Vidhya & Hike will be final and binding
- Throughout the hackathon, you are expected to respect fellow hackers and act with high integrity
- Analytics Vidhya and Hike hold the right to disqualify any participant at any stage of competition if the participant(s) are deemed to be acting fraudulently.
- Cash prizes will be subject to TDS (Tax Deduction at Source) as per Indian Iaws.
- In case any winners in top 3 are outside of India, they will need to provide required documents (tax residency certificate, passport, bank account details, etc.) as required by Indian laws
- Click here to view process flow for Team Creation
- Maximum of 2 people can form a team.
- One person can be a part of one team only.
- In case a team wins, prize would be distributed equally among team members
- Team once created can't be dissolved.
- Teams can't be merged.